Thanks to referrals from clients, we're growing! And to continue providing the proactive, responsive service we pride ourselves on, we're hiring a new Help Desk Technician.
A Microsoft Silver partner, we provide technology support & strategy to small and medium-sized businesses in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. (Our Technicians work with dozens of clients so it’s always interesting!)
We welcome veterans and students IF they have general availability during mid-terms, finals, and quarter breaks. In fact, we’d be excited to hire someone enrolled in an IT program at a local college. (We’ll teach the right person our tools and the environments we support for clients.)
Here’s what we want from our new Technician:
- naturally geeky & technologically inclined (you’d do this stuff even if it wasn’t your job!)
- excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and non-verbal
- comfortable meeting new people and talking on the phone
- sense of humor
- punctual, creative problem-solver, flexible, and persistent – but you also know when to stop
- work experience in an office setting
- productive with minimal supervision
- sense of humor
- travel to client sites in our service area or to our Shoreline office most weekdays
- available for on-call rotation that includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and MMO raids
- able to lift/carry up to 75lbs, bend/reach/crawl under furniture, climb a ladder
- pass a full criminal and financial background check
- complete an online learning/problem-solving test and several interviews
- sense of humor
- Washington State driver’s license
- reliable, fully-insured vehicle
- technology training/education/certifications
- Help Desk experience
- knowledge of Microsoft business products
- experience in a highly customer-centric work environment
- interested in all aspects of growing a business
- you’ve found the “any” key
NFT is small and growing, so our new Technician will initially be part-time and on a 120-day probation. Assuming you’re doing a great job, hours & perks will increase based on performance, skills & cert acquisition, and as we take on new clients.
We proudly operate a lean organization that invests in the people and tools needed to succeed – not a fancy office. So, if you like plush carpets, micro-zone HVAC, coordinated office furniture, and nine flavors of K-Cups, we’re not your new colleagues. That said, we have a well-stocked dark chocolate supply, love eating together, trying new foods, and drink lots of coffee & seltzer. (Sometimes beer & whiskey too!)
Located in Shoreline, there's easy parking and countless international restaurants nearby. We work hard, collaborate, push ourselves to learn, celebrate birthdays, and have fun so we’re fueled for the challenges of IT and growing this company.
If you want engaged colleagues, input in growing a business, appreciative clients, fair pay, a relaxed work environment, health insurance & mobile phone stipends, constant learning, bonuses, a flexible schedule, telecommuting (after demonstrated job mastery), snacks & lunches, and being inspired to up your game – we want to talk with you!
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume. We’ll acknowledge every applicant, start with phone interviews, and invite top candidates in for some conversation. Then some more conversation. And we’ll keep talking with people until we find just the right person for our team – though we hope to be training someone by July at the latest.